Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tik Tik Boom

She's nearing 15 years in the music industry and still cranking out albums and hit singles. Yes. This week I chose Britney Spears' "Tik Tik Boom" from her newly released album "Britney Jean."

There is no real reason for this, other than the album came out today.

This past week I covered a pair of Dakota College at Bottineau basketball games before I went home for Thanksgiving, and then covered a Bottineau-Rugby hockey game the moment I got back.

This week I had a BHS basketball game and a Braves hockey game last night. I'm supposed to trek to Westhope tonight, but if the weather doesn't cooperate that may not happen. I also have a pair of DCB basketball games on Wednesday. I will also likely tune in to the webcast of the DCB football team as they play their first bowl game on Saturday in Hutchinson, Kan.

I went a dismal 1-3 in fantasy football this week. I'm currently beginning the "toilet bowl" playoffs in one league that I finished 4-9 in. In another, I also missed the playoffs finishing 6-7 and in sixth place. I'm officially in the playoffs at 8-5 in one league as I won my third straight week. Lastly, I'm 6-7 and still clinging to second place in my fourth final league. I can still make the playoffs in two ways: I win and I'm in, or if I lose and both of the two teams chasing me lose as well. Wish me luck.

As for NFL pick 'em I got 11 right this past week, which is a significant improvement.

I have quite a few pictures for this week. Enjoy and follow on twitter @typhoonater467 for more updates on Bottineau area sports.

Bottineau-Rugby sophomore Austyn Lorenz drives toward the net last Saturday in a 9-4 win over Dickinson.

Braves senior Harrison Aide tries to get around a Midget defender.

Junior Luke Amsbaugh tries to hammer a shot past the Dickinson net minder.

Amsbaugh fights for a loose puck in front of the net.

Senior Nick Schaan dumps the puck into the offensive zone.

Amsbaugh skates hard up ice.

Schaan corrals a puck inside the Dickinson zone.

Lorenz puts a puck near the net.

Lorenz hits a slapshot.

Dakota College at Bottineau guard Patrick Robinson delivers a pass last Tuesday against Turtle Mountain Community College.

Sophomore Julian Vasquez calls out the play last Tuesday in the win over the Mikinocks.

Wesley Harrison puts in the easy two.

Freshman Jalyn Turner lays one in for two on the fast break in the second half.

Mary Jones expresses some emotion after missing an open teammate inside.

Ladyjacks sophomore Leah Parizek passes last Tuesday in a 77-50 win over TMCC.

Freshman Whitney Brandvold scores two points.

No comments:

Post a Comment