Monday, December 30, 2013

Tear it Up

I'm back after taking a week off for Christmas. I was privileged enough to make it back home to Minnesota and have some great times with family and friends.

This week I chose the song "Tear it Up" off of R. Kelly's new album "Black Panties." Though it isn't a great album, I still like R. Kelly's music.

The past couple weeks I covered some basketball games from both the Westhope-Newburg and Bottineau girls, as well as the Bottineau boys.

I also finished out the fantasy football season with a pair of championships in my public league, and a league with friends from back home. I wound up taking 10th place in my Bottineau league, and seventh place in a league with some family in which I ran the team, but didn't draft it.

I completely fell apart in NFL pick 'em, getting only five right in week 16, and then forgetting to make my picks in week 17. I didn't win a single week in my pool.

Anyway, I have several pictures to share from the past couple weeks, and follow me on twitter @typhoonater467.

Senior Garret Pollman fires a pass up court back on Dec. 17 in a game against Our Redeemers.

Pollman blocks a Knights player going for a layup.

Jake Carroll (left) and Christian St. Claire play defense for the Braves.

Paige Vad reacts after missing a free throw during a contest a halftime.

Pollman delivers an athletic pass.

Pollman tries to beat a defender to down the court.

Hannah Tofteland (left) and Mayce Brodehl press against Kenmare's Kennedy Chrest back on Dec. 20 in Westhope.

Westhope-Newburg's Molly Lodoen is fouled by the Honkers' Shantell Brekhus.

Senior Ashlyn Huber hits jump shot in the second half.

Junior Lauren Mach passes to a teammate.

Lodoen picks the pocket of Kenmare's McKenzie Chrest.

Bottineau Stars senior Rachael Fix blinks past a Watford City defender last Saturday.

Junior Stephanie Brenden attempts a half court shot before halftime.

The Stars players and coaches line up for the National Anthem last Saturday against the Watford City Wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment