Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

This week I'm throwing it back to the '80s as I chose "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship. The song could very well be the Dakota College at Bottineau men's basketball team's theme as they have jumped out to an 13-2 record to start the season, and are now ranked in the top 20 in the nation.

This past week I photographed Bottineau Braves basketball, Bottineau-Rugby hockey, Westhope-Newburg boy's basketball and 19U hockey.

Upcoming for me this week I have DCB hockey tonight, DCB basketball (men and women) on Friday and 19U again on Sunday.

I went a strong 3-0 in my fantasy football leagues, and am trailing by 13 in a two-week battle in the first round of the consolation playoffs in one league. In my main league, which I didn't make the playoffs, I won convincingly to advance in the consolation or "toilet bowl" playoffs. In my final two leagues I finished in second place heading into the playoffs next week. Wish me luck.

I got 10 right in NFL pick 'em, which wasn't too bad, but someone in my pool had all 16 games correct. So much for that.

I have nine pictures to share for this week and follow me on twitter @typhoonater467 to get more updates on Bottineau area sports.

Bottineau junior Christian St. Claire shows his release after firing a three last Monday against Rolla.

Bottineau-Rugby's Shawn Schaan dumps the puck into the Deloraine zone last Monday evening.

Senior Hunter Braaten follows through after a shot last Tuesday as the Sioux fell 70-60 to St. John in Westhope.

Dawson Dunham dishes to a teammate.

Senior Hawkin Smette goes up for two on a fast break.

Bottineau Stars senior Karlee McCloud delivers a shot at the Neepawa net in a 1-1 tie last Sunday.

McCloud prepares to take a shot.

Junior Erin Severson tracks down a puck on a rush up the ice.

Stars goaltender Jacie Ceglowski stops a shot in the third period.

No comments:

Post a Comment