Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Days of Gold

This week I'd like to spotlight one of my favorite country artists in Jake Owen, specifically his latest chart hit "Days of Gold." And there have been some days of gold as far as winning games is concerned for the Dakota College at Bottineau (DCB) teams.

This past week I was able to see the DCB men's and women's basketball teams win games, and the DCB hockey team earn a sweep as well. The men's basketball team is currently on a six game win streak. They also proclaimed themselves "Mega Bowl" champions (a Semi-Pro reference).

This upcoming week I have another pair of DCB basketball games and a Bottineau-Rugby hockey game to cover.

I went 2-2 in my four fantasy football leagues this past week. I'm officially eliminated from one of my fantasy leagues in 10th place and at 4-8. In the others I'm still in contention. In one I'm in fifth place at 6-6, another I'm in second place at 6-6 and the final one I'm in second at 7-5.

I got seven games right in a crazy week of NFL football, including a no-win tie from the Vikings/Packers. I have 110 right in 12 weeks, as I've cooled off of late.

I have 18 pictures to share this week, so enjoy and follow me on twitter @typhoonater467 if you want to see links to when I put up this blog, as well as follow Bottineau area sports.

Bottineau-Rugby senior Harrison Aide tries to get past a Devils Lake defender in a 7-3 loss to the Firebirds in the season opener in Bottineau last Tuesday.

Junior Noah Grant fires a strong shot at the Devils Lake net in the second period.

Braves senior goaltender Riley Monson makes a good stop in the first period last Tuesday.

Aide looks to pass as he skates up ice.

Junior Luke Amsbaugh scores a goal in the second period.

DCB sophomore Kyle Volk looks to squeeze a shot between a defender and the goal last Saturday in a game against South Dakota State University at the Lumberdome.

Anthony Mancini skates up ice with the puck last Saturday.

Sophomore Chris Watkins fires a shot at the net in a 5-1 win over the Jackrabbits.

Connor Hicks looks to go up high on a goal try in the second period last Saturday.

Bobby Solari delivers a strong shot.

Alex Herman tries to sneak a shot past the defense.

Hicks drives into the offensive zone.

Spencer Archer sizes up the goalie after beating his defender.

Sam Robinson goes up for two last Saturday in a 101-81 win over Trinity Bible.

Travis "YMCA" Frye scores two points in the first half last Saturday.

Imani Scott drives in for two points last Saturday in a Ladyjacks win over Trinity Bible College.

DCB's Savannah Bruce (right) and Leah Parizek fight for a rebound in the first half last Saturday.

Parizek for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment