Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Good Vibrations

I think that the sports teams in Bottineau right now need a little of what the Beach Boys had in 1966 when they released Good Vibrations. It has been a trying week for the sports teams, as all three Dakota College at Bottineau winter sports teams had multiple losses, but early season loss often breeds late-season triumphs.

I need to win out in my Bottineau fantasy football league now after getting my third straight defeat this past weekend. It is going to take a couple of dominoes to fall my way as well, but I definitely need to win also.

Another disappointing week in pick 'em as well as I went 9-5. Two people had perfect scores this week, and I'm really lagging behind. I guess those are the breaks, some years things go well, some years they don't. I guess I'll just have to roll with the groin punches I've been dealt this year.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and I wish a happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers.

Here are a few pictures from DCB games I covered last week:

Jacks freshman Kristoff Walker sets up for a jump shot in the first half last Thursday against Dawson.

Walker drives past a Buccaneer defender.

Billy Engel goes baseline as the ball is on the floor.

Dashamoe McCarty drives in the lane.

Walker calls out the play.

Sophomore Jayden McMillin goes up for two in the second half.

Ladyjacks sophomore Jackie Miller looks at the defense ahead of her.

Shakira Walker makes her move to the basket.

Walker for two.

Miller puts up a crowded jumper.

Derek Martin awaits an incoming shot last Sunday against the Kenora Thistles.

Martin looks on as the puck is about to be dropped.

Tyler Elshaug chases down a puck.

Elshaug changes course and tries to handle the puck.

Seth Sehienko fires a shot at the Thistles goaltender.

Reed Loucks does battle in a second quarter face off.

Spencer Archer hammers a shot toward the Kenora net.

Cole Reisenauer watches his shot go toward the net.

Reisenauer skates the puck up the ice.

Serhienko approaches on a break away looking to score.

Evan Alexius throws a pass in front of the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment