Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October Road

For some reason I feel like I've used this before, but whatever, this week I chose James Taylor's "October Road" as my song. It is just the beginning of October and getting into the heart of the regular season matches for all fall sports. It is when teams truly prove their worth.

The past week I covered volleyball games of all three volleyball teams that I cover: the Newburg-Westhope Eagles, the Dakota College at Bottineau Ladyjacks and the Bottineau Stars. The Eagles and Stars won, while the Ladyjacks didn't come out on top.

This week is going to be pretty busy for me. It started with city council (I am doing some news while a colleague is out of town). Next I have a volleyball game in Newburg tonight. Then a volleyball game in Bottineau on Thursday, a home Braves football game on Friday and college football and volleyball games on Saturday. Add to that a couple news photos and some stories I have to draft and it makes for a really busy week. Oh, and NBA 2k13 comes out today, so chances are I'm not going to be getting much sleep this week.

I am now 2-2 in my Bottineau fantasy football league following a tough loss this past week despite a decent performance from my team. Hopefully things will at least improve enough to get me into the playoffs, then I can do some damage. In my other league I'm 0-4. I also won my second week (out of four) in the new NFL pick 'em that I'm in. I went 13-2 this week, only missing the Dallas/Bears game last night and a wildcard upset pick where I went with the Chiefs over the Chargers.  I'm 38-25 on the year so far. I am in fourth place overall right now. First place is 40-23.

Here are the few leftover pictures from volleyball the past week:
Eagles senior Hadlee Schell serves last Tuesday in Newburg.

Schell slams a ball toward the Towner-Granville-Upham net last Tuesday in a 3-1 victory over the Titans.

Schell goes up for a block during last week's match.

Newburg-Westhope senior Jade Teske strikes the ball.

Ladyjacks setter Ashleigh Aufforth sets up a teammate last Wednesday against Bismarck State College.

DCB's Leah Parizek goes cross court for the kill.

Courtney Hart goes up and tries to block a Mystic shot.

Hart tries to go across the court last Wednesday.

Hart strains to try and dig out a Mystics hit last Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment