Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast

This week I chose the Airbourne tune Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast to represent the ability of the teams this past week.

The Bottineau football team was much too fast for the Turtle Mountain football team in the battle of the Braves. The Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn Sioux were too much for the Linton-HMB Lions as they clawed their way back to a playoff win.

I will be covering the district volleyball tournament this upcoming week, as well as the Jacks hockey opener and the Sioux's home football game.

In this portion of the blog I'd like to thank all of those who actually take time out of their day to read my blog. To recognize my support I'd like to give a shout out to Tanner Bickford, a Bottineau football player, junior and apparently, reader of what I call "Gottoknowbouttineau." Anyway, thanks for reading.

That brings me to my next topic. I would like to open myself to questions from anyone who actually reads this. I would like to do a "mailbag" of sorts using reader emails. So, if anyone would like to send me a question about anything sports or entertainment I'd be glad to answer. I'm especially versed in television shows and fantasy sports. My email is courant1@utma.com, or you can hit me up on twitter @typhoonater467. 

I did moderately well in pick 'em this week going 8-5. However, the rest of the league did much better, with one person going a perfect 13-for-13. I'm falling down the standings and could use a couple big weeks to make a comeback. In fantasy I took down my boss to vault into fourth place at 4-3. In my other league I lost yet again, and fell to 1-6. I'm 4-3 in one other league as well.

I only have a few pictures this week, as there weren't too many home sports matches.

Ladyjacks sophomore Josie Degagne digs out a Jimmies JV shot last Monday.

Freshman, and Bottineau native, Ashleigh Aufforth celebrates after a point last Monday in DCB's final home game.

Bottineau's John Gohman runs toward the outside after a screen pass.

Gohman looks to advance down the field.

Owen Furby takes down the TMCHS runner in the second half.

Bottineau senior Trevor Wettlaufer breaks away down the field.

Sophomore Stephanie Brenden hammers a shot over the net against Rolla last Tuesday.

Stars junior Karlee McCloud passes a serve up to a teammate in the last home game for the Stars.

Senior Katryna Hahn hammers a kill down last Monday.

Hahn again goes for the kill.

Kennedy Olson hits a shot over the net toward the Bulldogs' side.


No comments:

Post a Comment