Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wind it up

This week I chose the Gwen Stafani song "Wind it up" because it is about time for the fall sports season to officially get into the groove. The NFL season starts tomorrow, and other fall sports are already in gear, so let's wind it up.

Last week I had to cover a Lumberjacks football game in Bottineau. I then took the Labor Day weekend off and went back to Minnesota for the weekend.

This week will be hectic, crazy and insanely busy. I have a interviews to set up, a volleyball game a, football game and the whole crazy, chaoticness of the Annie's House project. Soon hundreds of volunteers from across the country will be in the Bottineau area, and it will be perhaps my busiest week as a reporter, hopefully I can survive it.

I am in an NFL pick 'em league this year, so I won't be posting my picks as I used to do. I will however continue sharing photos. I have a few from last week's football game.

Jacks starting quarterback Jonathan Parks calls out a motion during last Thursday's game against Mayville State.

Parks delivers a pass while breaking away from a defender in the 42-6 loss to the Comets.

Mayville's Josh Jeffries breaks up a pass intended for DCB's Lance Jackson.

Jacks Linebacker Marquis Brantley wraps up Dominique Bradley during last Thursday's second quarter.

Parks looks ahead as he decides to run.

Comets quarterback Tanner Carpenter goes down after a Damon Bateman sack late in the first half.

No comments:

Post a Comment