Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Connect

This week I chose the Drake song "Connect" because his recently released album "Nothing was the Same" really connected with me. Drake currently has 12 songs in the top 100, which is tied with Lil' Wayne for the record for most at one time.

This past week I covered all three of Bottineau County's volleyball teams, and I will be covering both the Bottineau and Newburg-Westhope teams again this week. I will get a little football in this week on Friday as the Bottineau Braves host Williams County. The forecast predicts rain, but hopefully that doesn't happen.

I had a bad week in fantasy as all four of my teams suffered defeats this week. I'm still the highest scoring team in one league, but am 2-3, which really stinks. I'm 3-2, 2-3, 2-3 and 1-4 in my four leagues.

I got only seven right in NFL pick'em this week, but I'm still doing pretty well with 50 right through five weeks.

I have many pictures of volleyball from the past week to share:

Bottineau senior Courtney Gallagher receives a serve last Tuesday in Dunseith.

Stars senior setter Bailey Neubauer puts up a set.

Neubauer sets up a teammate last Tuesday.

Gallagher hammers home a shot.

Danielle McDonald puts a big hit on to the Dunseith side of the net.

Junior Kennedy Olson blasts a shot over.

The Ladyjacks face the flag for the National Anthem before last Wednesday's tilt against the Williston State Tetons.

The Ladyjacks huddle before the match.

Hall Schumann digs out a Tetons shot.

Krista Lesmann gets up and smashes a kill.

Freshman Savannah Bruce watches as the Williston State defender misses her shot.

Bruce goes for a kill.

DCB basketball players Billy Engel (left) and Taylor Ward watch the volleyball match from the balcony.

Sophomore Ashleigh Aufforth goes up for the block last Wednesday.

Newburg-Westhope Eagles senior Ashlyn Huber digs out a shot last Thursday in an upset win over Rugby.

Eagles coach Katie Fluhrer imparts wisdom on her players during a timeout last Thursday.

The Eagles trot to the north side of the net following a set one victory.

Junior Lexi Wyman digs out a Panthers shot.

Newburg-Westhope junior Lauren Mach goes up for the block.

Maddy Lodoen returns a serve.

Mach celebrates after one of her seven blocks last Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment