Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Why Do I Keep Counting?

This week I chose The Killers' song "Why Do I Keep Counting?" as this very blog is nearing 20,000 page views since it's inception in September of 2010. I want to say thanks for the continued views from many of the readers who like the blog and the pictures.

This past week I covered both 19U and Bottineau-Rugby hockey, as well as Dakota College men's basketball. They all happened in a six hour span, so it made quite a jumble of a day.

This upcoming week I have a Dakota College hockey game tonight, a Bottineau boy's basketball game on Friday and a 19U game on Sunday.

I was finally eliminated from the playoffs in all leagues in fantasy football. I now have to focus on the consolation or "toilet bowl" playoffs. I have byes in each league in them, so at least I get a week off.

I went 10-6 in pick 'em this week, and the winner had 12, so I wasn't too far from the top. I'm still a long way's back overall in 15th place.

Anyway, have a number of photos from the past week:

Sonja Gilje tries to beat a defender into the offensive zone for Bottineau 19U in a 21-1 last Saturday against Williston.

Ashley Blue looks to beat a Cougar defense last Saturday.

Sophomore Luke Amsbaugh narrowly misses a shoot out goal last Saturday against Dickinson.

From left: Amsbaugh, Harrison Aide and Cody Longie celebrate after a goal last Saturday.


Aide flips the puck toward the net.

Andrew Hill fires a shot at the net in the third period.

Aide shoots.

Longie skates toward the net during the shoot out.

Amsbaugh skates toward the net during the shoot out.

Jadyen McMillin looks to win the tip last Saturday against Minot Air Force Base.

Ben Veith passes to a teammate.

Billy Engel drives into the lane in the first half last Saturday.

Kristoff Walker, a freshman, goes up for a dunk on a fast break.

Walker shoots a jump shot.

McMillin goes hard to the hoop.

Marquis Thomas shoots a fade away.

Veith goes up for a left-handed lay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment