Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Long December

It really has been a long, exciting year and December for everyone, and since the world didn't end December will come to a close without an apocalypse, and a new year will begin. Happy New Year to everyone.

Last week I covered the Sioux basketball team and the 19U hockey team before I headed home for Christmas with my family. I made it there and back and had a great time. I may head back for New Year's as well, but we shall see. This week I have a few stories to draft up, but no pictures to take. However, I am going to delay the 19U pictures until next week, because they won't be in the paper until next week, and I've never had a blog without at least one picture.

In the past week I won the consolation or "toilet bowl" title in both of my fantasy leagues, so despite a down year in fantasy, I can at least be happy I'm king of the losers. I went 12-4 in week 16 pick 'em, but 14-2 won the week, so no real great news there. I am 14th out of 27 for the year.

Anyway, here are a a few pictures from the Westhope-Newburg vs. Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood game, which took place on Tuesday, Dec. 18:

Sioux junior Ethan Miller puts up a jumper in the first half against MLS on Dec. 18.

Junior Hunter Braaten delivers a pass.

Westhope-Newburg senior Jon Sivertson hesitates before going up for a layup.

Miller releases a jumper.

Senior Karlie Hancock drives to the hoop on a fast break.

Braaten goes up for a lay in.

Westhope-Newburg's Jade Teske (left) gets ready for the game by going for a 'high ten' to teammate Molly Lodoen (right).

Lodoen tries to drive past MLS guard Shania Brackenbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment