Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Like a Hurricane

I chose the Neil Young tune, "Like a Hurricane" this week, because it was the calm before the storm so to speak. After this week's lull of sports activity I will be besieged by coverage the next few weeks.

Most every team I cover was on the road this week. I managed to sneak of of layout early last Monday to catch a volleyball game, and then also had one on Tuesday, but that was it.

The Braves played a big game against Carrington on Friday (lost 17-14), but it was too far for me to travel.

A couple of things to tend to: RIP Al Davis and so long 2011-12 NBA season.

I was 7-6 on this weeks NFL picks. It was yet another bad week for me--all the wrong upsets--all the wrong times. That puts me at 57-30 on the season, lets hope this week is better.

Week 6 NFL picks:

Bills over Giants
Colts over Bengals
Steelers over Jaguars
Eagles over Reskins
Lions over 49ers
Packers over Rams
Panthers over Falcons
Raiders over Browns
Ravens over Texans
Saints over Buccaneers
Patriots over Cowboys
Bears over Vikings
Jets over Dolphins



Here are the few pictures I had this week:

Bottineau senior Ashleigh Aufforth sets a pass last Tuesday against Harvey.

Stars senior Whitney Page blocks a Hornet shot last Tuesday in Bottineau.

Newburg-Westhope's Molly Lodoen (left) and Hadlee Schell (right) watch as an Aggies shot soars past their outstretched hands.

Schell attempts to block and Aggie shot last Monday in Newburg.

Schell with a push over the net on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment