Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Coming Home

This week I picked "Diddy Dirty Money" featuring Skyler Grey's "Coming Home" as my song. I chose it because I had the privilege of covering two fantastic homecoming victories for teams in Bottineau County.
First on Friday I traveled to Westhope as the Sioux won their homecoming game 42-6.
Saturday I stayed in Bottineau and covered the Jacks as they beat rival Trinity Bible College 41-32.

I suffered my first loss in one of my fantasy football leagues this week. I also lost in the other, Wes Welker has really been killing me the past couple of weeks. I am currently 3-1 and 2-2 in either league.

I went 9-7 in my NFL picks last week, a bit of an off week. But who would have picked the Eagles to lose to the Niners? Also I went a little crazy with my upset picks last week. Why did I think Oakland could beat the Pats? For the season I am 50-24 through the first four weeks. Anyway, here are my picks for week 5:

Titans over Steelers
Raiders over Texans
Colts over Cheifs
Bengals over Jaguars
Giants over Seahawks
Vikings over Cardinals
Saints over Panthers
Bills over Eagles
Bucaneers over Niners
Patriots over Jets
Broncos over Chargers
Packers over Falcons
Bears over Lions

Again, I may be a little heavy on the upsets, but it could happen, right?


Here are the pics from this weeks games:

Stars setter Ashleigh Aufforth sets to a teammate last Tuesday in Dunseith.

Senior Heidi Artz awaits the Dunseith serve last Tuesday in Dunseith.

Senior Whitney Page about to slam a kill for the Stars.

Artz digs out a Dunseith shot last Tuesday.

The Newburg-Westhope Eagles talk during a timeout last Thursday against Rugby.

Eagles junior Jade Teske hits one over the net last Thursday in Newburg.

Jacks freshman running back Arlandis Shipp goes airborn after a Trinity tackler hits him low last Saturday.

Student fans hold up a sign in favor of their home team Eagles.

Teske smacks another over the net last Thursday.

Teske again spikes a shot.

Jacks sophomore Kentavis McNichols fights with the Lions kick returner in the first half last Saturday.

Freshman rusher Mathis Thomas breaks past Lion defenders in last Saturday's win over Trinity.

Darius Bowers jukes a Lion defender last Saturday.

Sophomore Keith Osgood slips on the grass after a completion.

Babajide Adeniyi and lineman Fred Okon celebrate after Adeniyi's fumble recovery touchdown in the first half.

Osgood turns up field after a catch over the middle last Saturday.

Thomas runs past a lion defender around the edge.

Sophomore Kevin Ellis gets a hand on the Lions quarterback.

Senior back Jake Tengesdahl loses a shoe while running for a first down last Friday.

Senior Taylor Lesmann looks to wrap up the Langdon rusher during the first half in Westhope last Friday.

A look at the fields water tower, which proudly displays the Sioux logo. It was homecoming for the Sioux last Friday.

Freshman Keanu Soto is pumped up after making a tackle in the backfield last Saturday.

Junior fullback Karlie Hancock hits the hole near the goal line last Friday.

Sophomore quarterback Hunter Braaten escapes a would-be tackler last Friday in the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment