Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Official end of fall sports

After the Bottineau Stars fell in the Region 6 Championship Thursday and the DCB football team won in Grand Forks on the same night, the fall sports season officially came to a close for the Bottineau area.

So, for the next couple weeks there will not be any prep sports to cover, fortunately there will be some college sports, though.

Upcoming, I will be covering DCB women's basketball on Thursday and DCB Men's Hockey on Friday and Saturday.

I also think I am going to get a head start on previewing the prep hockey teams.

I went 8-6 on my NFL picks this past week, I am 76-54 overall this season, which isn't half bad, considering I picked all the games before the season started.

Not too many pics this week (I may have screwed up and missed the hockey games):

Stars senior Alyssa Fugere tips one over last Thursday in Minot.

Stars middle hitter Whitney Page slams home one of seven kills last Thursday in the Region 6 championship game against Kenmare.

Page blocks Kenmare's Cortni Miller's shot last Thursday.

Page digs out a serve in the second game last Thursday.

Page and fellow junior libero Heidi Artz were both named to the All-Region team.

Artz gets one of 10 digs; she led the Stars in the category.

Junior Trista Bjerk (left) and Page (right) block a Kenmare shot in game three. The stars would fall 3-0 to the Honkers and finish runner-up in Region 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment