Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A weekend off/great visitors

Last week was much less stressful in my world. It was as if God threw me a bone.
Tuesday I saw a spectacular match, where Bottineau beat one of the better schools in the area in volleyball.

Thursday I drove 30 minutes to watch a 45 minute drubbing. However, from both events I got a few pictures to share. Friday I interviewed Bottineau's AD and Head Hockey Coach about Bottineau and Rugby combining for hockey this season.

Lastly, I had a wonderful time this past weekend as my Mother, my aunt, my Godfather and cousin, who came to visit and spend the weekend in Bottineau. It was a great weekend for the trip as I had nothing to cover. They stayed Saturday and Sunday night and left Monday morning. I made supper saturday (fajitas) and we went out to eat Sunday. We took lots of tours and played some Wii.

All in all it was a relieving and much less stressful week than weeks past. We even got done paginating and sending the paper early last night. If only this week would be so easy.

Also I went 9-7 on my NFL picks this week. Not the best, but still up .500. I am now 20-12 overall through the first two weeks. My best upset this week was Jets over Pats. 

Here are some pics from this week:

Newburg-Westhope Eagles senior Alisha Braaten serves last Thursday.
The waiting is the hardest part.
Eagles junior Taylor Kersten, who had an excellent serving night in a 3-0 sweep of Dunseith.
Eagles senior Kendra Thom forcefully spikes the ball to the Lady Dragons side of the net.
Bottineau Stars Whitney Page (Left) and I believe it's Kendra Suchor (Right) block an Our Redeemer's shot last Tuesday. The Stars won 3-2, in a hard fought comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment