Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In Limbo

This week I chose the Radiohead song "In Limbo" because I am currently in the strange time in prep sports where there isn't any to cover. I am in Limbo between the fall and winter sports seasons.

Last week I finished up fall sports by watching the Bottineau Stars fall in the Region 6 Championship game for the second straight year, and to the same team--Kenmare.

This week I have a couple DCB hockey games to go to and maybe a few news things to attend to, otherwise a pretty quiet week.

Be sure to check out the Bottineau Courant's new website. The link is located in the left sidebar of this page, or go here: www.ndna.com/bottineaucourant.

I went a decent 10-5 in my NFL picks this week thanks to the late games. Last week they burned me, this week they were my saving grace. Anyway, I am now 102-53 or 65.8 percent on the season, which i don't think is too bad.

For the week 11 picks:

Jets over Broncos
Panthers over Lions
Packers over Buccaneers
Cowboys over Redskins
Bengals over Ravens
Browns over Jaguars
Bills over Dolphins
Raiders over Vikings
Rams over Seahawks
49ers over Cardinals
Titans over Falcons
Bears over Chargers
Giants over Eagles
Patriots over Chiefs

I have a few leftovers from the region volleyball tourney:

Bottineau senior Whitney page gets a little emotional as she receives the Region 6 Senior Athlete of the Year award last Thursday in Minot.

Stars senior Mikayla Hahn attempts to hit it over the net in last Thursday's championship loss to the Kenmare Honkers.

Page tries to block Kenmare senior Ashley Barnhardt.

Bottineau senior Heidi Artz receives a Honkers serve last Thursday in Minot.

The Stars bench erupts after a big block by Page.

Bottineau's bench again cheers after an ace.

The All-Region 6 team, including three players from Bottineau, Page (3), Artz (15) and Ashleigh Aufforth (1).

No comments:

Post a Comment