Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A brand new year

It is a new year 2011 and with that comes some new things in my life. They haven't happened quite yet, but I expect some good things to happen soon.

I did win two of my three fantasy football leagues and finished runner-up in another. I also finished 142-110 in my NFL picks for the year, going 8-8 in the final week. I only had one team's record correct, that was San Diego at 9-7. I picked only four of the 12 playoff teams correctly, next season I'm not picking the games until the week before.

Last week I covered BHS girls basketball on Tuesday night and also a couple of BHS hockey's Bottineau Holiday Classic games. I had a pretty relaxing weekend with my new 40" T.V!

Anyway, here are my pics for the week (quite a lot of them):
Stars freshman Danielle McDonald tries to get a pass out to the perimeter last Tuesday in a 59-49 win in Bottineau.

Stars junior Whitney Page about to jump against North Star's Megan Gowan for the tip last Tuesday.

Page drives to the basket in the first half.

Stars senior Alysha Thompson takes a shot in the first half, while Alyssa Strong looks on.

The hoopsters enterain fans with specatcular play during halftime last Tuesday.

Stars junior, and four-year starter, Heidi Artz, attempts a shot last Tuesday.

Page hits a layup in the second half.

Stars head coach Mike Forsberg talks to his team near the end of the fourth quarter.

Braves senior captain Seth Serhienko passes to a teammate in the second round game of the Bottineau Holiday Classic.

Serhienko skates the puck near mid-ice.

Braves junior Logan Millican attempts to skate past a Voyageurs defender in the first period last Wednesday.

Millican fights along the boards for a loose puck last Wednesday.

Millican skates down the ice on a breakaway against College Luis Riel last Wednesday in Bottineau.

Braves defenseman Cody Longie watches as junior goaltender Cody Brooks nabs a puck out of midair last Wednesday.

Three Voyageurs sit in the penalty box after multiple infractions during a tussle.

Braves senior net minder Michael Kornkven stops a Wildcat shot last Thursday in the Classic's Championship game.

Junior Taylor Neubauer tries to push a puck past the Wildcats goaltender while being accosted by a defender.

A slow shutter speed captures Braves junior Kyle Volk glide down the ice.

Millican clears a puck out of the corner in the Championship game of against Glenboro/Carberry.

Serhienko slides to a stop as he gathers a puck last Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment