Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The End of 2010

Its the final week of the year 2010. It's been quite a thrill ride for me this year. Here are a few highlights from the past year in my life.

I was able to cover the NCAA hockey tournament last spring, which was a big honor. Later in the spring I took the GRE planning on finishing my undergrad and starting my graduate courses in the fall, I had even signed up for all of them but...

Then I got the job here in Bottineau and it has treated me well. I was able to cover my first race and also several super exciting sports matches since I started on Aug. 8.

Anywho, last week I covered Westhope-Newburg boy's basketball on Tuesday night. They beat Max 55-45.

I am right now 7-7 on my NFL picks with the Vikings game tonight withstanding (I picked the Vikes to win...yikes).

I had quite a number of good pics from that one game I attended. Here they are:
Sioux sophomore Kodie Hancock prepares for the opening tip last Tuesday in Newburg.

Sioux senior Brandon Brodehl drives to the hoop in the first half last Tuesday.

Sioux freshman Hunter Braaten makes a lay up after a turnover last Tuesday.

Sophomore Karlie Hancock attempts a put back in the first half.

Braaten shoots a three.

A Sioux cheerleader entertains the crowd with a few back handsprings.

Braaten is foulded as he tries to put in a lay up on a drive in Newburg.

Karlie Hancock shoots a mid-range jumper.

Sioux junior Chucky Kuhlmann crouches next to head coach Bob Beaudrie as he waits to check in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really fascinated with the gym they are playing in...love those beams! It makes me think they are playing ball in Noah's Ark- Awesome!
    Great pics and good coverage!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete