Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another week, more of the same

Work is starting to get pretty routine for me in Bottineau. Each week I cover volleyball and football, with a mix of both college and high school. I know where I need to go for games, who I need to talk to and which players to watch for.

However, sports change with the seasons, and soon, my coverage will change with them. In about a month, the routine that I just got used to will transition me away from volleyball, football and cross country and will shift over to basketball and hockey.

With six basketball teams and three hockey teams to cover, winter will undoubtedly be more difficult to cover. However, I have help and once I get in the routine, I'll be good to go (until spring).

For now I have some pictures from Ladyjacks volleyball, Bottineau football and Lumberjacks football.

I left the Lumberjacks game early to attend my cousin's wedding in Drake/Anamoose and had a real good time. It's been nice living in my family's home state.

I went 7-7 this week in my NFL picks. I still haven't been below .500 for a week, but 43-33 overall isn't anything to brag about. However, I did pick the Oakland over San Diego upset.

Here are some pictures from the events this past week:
Members of the DCB hockey team are fired up as the DCB volleyball team is rallying back against the Williston State Tetons.

DCB sophomore Kate Helgeson tries to direct it away from Teton defenders last Tuesday in Bottineau.

DCB freshmen Kelsey Gullet hammers home a point for the Ladyjacks.

DCB sophomore Jen Thiessen skirts one over the net on an awkward hit last Tuesday.

Bottineau sophomore Jeremiah Aberle lays a hit on Carrington's Jordon Mittleider.

Bottineau lines up during warm-ups as the sun sets on the Bottineau skyline.

Bottineau senior Jake Folven scampers away from Carrington's Shelby Marcotte in the second quarter last Friday.

Folven scoops up the football on a kick return in the second quarter last Friday in Bottineau. Carrington won 55-12.

Lumberjack running back Jeremy Hill cuts throught a hole last Saturday in Bottineau's 63-6 loss to Iowa Western.

DCB's Carlos Fonseca hits Manning-sized quarterback, the 6'5", 220 pound Zack Stoudt and forces an incompletion.

DCB sophomore James Tipton punts the ball away in the first half last Saturday.

DCB return man Osman Arango follows a block and looks upfield in the first half last Saturday.

Lumberjack defensive limenman Freddie Garcia wraps up Reiver's running back Antaries Daniels.

Lumberjack's running back Kentavis Mcnichols is wrestled down by Reiver's strong safety Dakota Miller in the first half last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment