Monday, March 11, 2013

Wrap up

Samiyam's "Wrap Up" signifies beautifully the end of the winter  sports season for me. The final sports finished their seasons this past week, and now I'll have to find a few stories for to keep me busy until the snow melts.

Last week I covered the postponed final day of the District 11 girl's tournament. I also wrote stories about a couple of recruits, the Dakota College at Bottineau Ladyjacks District F game and a touching story about a DCB basketball player who the college raised funds to give to his parents so they could visit while he recovered from a severely broken leg.

This week will be pretty light for stories, and apart from the Jaycee's Fishing Tournament on Saturday, I'm not sure what I'll be writing about.

There are only a few pictures and I apologize in advance for their quality. The sensor on my camera went out this past week and my back up camera is an ancient Nikon D1. The good news is I may be getting a new Nikon D7000 with video. So look forward to videos of things in the near future on the Bottineau Courant Facebook page.
Here are the pics:

Westhope-Newburg senior Hadlee Schell puts up a shot last Tuesday against Dunseith.

Stars junior Courtney Gallagher weaves her way into the lane against Rugby last Tuesday.

Senior McKenzie Jensen fakes a pass before going to the hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment