Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Blizzard

This past weekend there was supposed to be a blizzard (didn't really happen). However, it did postpone several sporting events, which left me with less than expected coverage this past weekend. I chose the song The Blizzard by the legendary Jim Reeves.

However, I did manage to catch a Bottineau Stars game on Tuesday, and a Dakota College men's basketball game on Friday.

Both of my Super Bowl team's were eliminated via spectacular finish this past weekend. There is a wide open path for the Patriots to win now.

This week I have many things to cover: two hockey games last night, Bottineau/Westhope-Newburg boy's baksetball on Thursday and a 19U jamboree in town this weekend.

I'm also awaiting the arrival of my mom and godmother to come up to visit. It was my birthday on Monday, so they decided to make the six-hour trek once again in 2013.

Anyway, enough about me, here are the pics:

Stars senior Katryna Hahn wins the opening tip against Langdon's Abbey Braaten last Tuesday.

Hahn watches the opening tip.

Sophomore Stephanie Brenden for three.

Junior guard Rachael Fix fights into the paint.

Maria Diepolder is fouled by Braaten after stealing the ball.

Jacks freshman Kristoff Walker puts up a jumper in the second half last Friday against Dakota County Technical College.

Walker drives to the hoop.

Stars junior Courtney Gallagher delivers a pass inside in last Tuesday's 36-34 win.

Dashamoe McCarty looks to go baseline in the first half.

Walker puts up a jumper.

Sophomore Jayden McMillin fights to get a hoop in the first half.

No comments:

Post a Comment